Thursday, January 5, 2012

If Anyone Needs Me ... I'm finding my happy place

I would like to think that I am not a suspicious person, but 2012 is starting out in an expensive, and explosive way, which makes me wonder about the rest of the year. 

Two days into the new year and our washing machine dies.  Hubby did some investigative work and discovered that the rear drum of our front loader had a big hole in it, explaining the constant leaking.  Do we fix, or replace?

We replaced.  And, I now have a brand new, shiny and blue, washing machine.  Which is making me want to replace the dryer with a like model and color to the washing machine.  And, redo my laundry room, which I've been dreaming about since the day we moved in. 

Yep, 2012 is turning into an expensive year.

The following day we woke to snow.  There is a reason why I usually stay home on days like these, away from the untreated, hilly streets, where southerners drive.  We were rear ended at a stop sign. (And to the person sitting in front of us, who didn't seem in a hurry to turn one way or the other, until after we were hit, Seriously!)

Thankfully, we were fine.  Our car, which is actually a minivan, is fine, other than a slight indentation and some read paint on the bumper.  The guy who hit us, in a tiny puddle jumper, did not fair as well.  His air bags deployed and the windshield broke. 

That evening Hubby mentioned that his car battery was acting funny.  Yes, it may be time for a new battery, or maybe it was just the cold.  Since the weather has warmed up the battery is working fine, so we will blame it on the cold. 

Now, some may say that all this means that we are now free and clear for a great year, we have the bad stuff out of the way. 

Others may advise me to crawl under the covers and not come out until December. 

A third voice would tell me to get over it.  Bad things happen, and there is no great cosmic force keeping track.

Either way, if you need me, I'll be hiding under my bed until December.  Enjoy 2012. 

No comments: