Sunday, April 4, 2010

He Is Risen!

"Will you be able to let it go?"

That was the question Hubby asked me this morning. After, I had accidentally burned EM with the curling iron.

We were getting ready for this morning's Easter Service, decked out in our Easter finery and were now putting on the finishing touches.

EM had forgiven me. As I was holding the cold compress on her shoulder, telling her how sorry I was, while she was wailing, she managed to sniffle out "that's OK Mommy."

By the time we reached church everyone was in better spirits. One could tell EM had almost forgotten about it. Well, almost forgotten about it. She didn't miss a chance to have everyone notice the big ole band aid on her shoulder, and ask about it. Yep, the girl had recovered.

Had her momma?

Hubby's question seemed fitting on Easter Sunday.

On Easter Sunday we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior. Along with Jesus' resurrection, comes our salvation. Because Jesus died on the cross, and in three days arose from the grave, we are forgiven of our sins.

By accepting Jesus' gift to us, the Holy Spirit enters our lives, and we enter into a relationship with God.

However, we humans seem to have a problem ... well I wasn't thinking of that problem, but you are correct, so we have two problems. First, we keep sinning, thankfully God forgives us when we come to him and ask for forgiveness.

Second, (the one I was thinking of) we have a hard time forgiving ourselves. Though our sins have been forgiven, we can't let ourselves forgive, well, ourselves. If we cannot forgive ourselves, have we willingly, completely, and without question accepted Christ's gift to us, total forgiveness?

He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."
~Luke 24: 46-49

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Such a good word. I can truly relate to this. I cheapen His grace {that He purchased} by not allowing His forgiveness to wash over me.

He is risen indeed.