Sunday, October 23, 2011

Lessons Learned

The other day I was making cinnamon rolls, and throughout the process I learned a few things.  I should note that making cinnamon rolls is a normal event in my house; however, every now and then a lesson is learned in the process.

Actually, this could be a If I Twittered post, since I was posting on Facebook during the whole process.  But, it isn't, because it is my blog, that is why.

No matter how much I prepare ahead of time, I will short on one ingredient, and realize I have triple of another.  Sugar, check.  Flour, check.  Milk, check.  Cinnamon, check.  Butter, check.  Oil, oops.  Powder Sugar, x 3.

The day I have no dishwasher, and no hot water, may not be the best of days to bake cinnamon rolls.

The flurry of activity in my kitchen probably looks more like the Swedish Chef, then Martha Stewart.



I'm glad I have not yet swept the kitchen floor, since there is flour on the floor, and all over my feet.  There is also flour foot prints in the living room, on the newly vacuumed rug.
 

No comments: