Friday, April 16, 2010

Company Girl Coffee


Welcome Company Girls.

Please have a seat, enjoy some coffee, and ... [checking for any spying kids] ... would you like any Easter candy? We have an abundance of Hershey Kisses.

This week has been relatively relaxing, and productive. I've put the painting project on hold, to spend time cleaning the house and work on a few other projects, and plan on returning to the paint, in force, next week.

Monday was spent just cleaning and unstacking piles around the house, along with setting up some new storage units in the kid's play room. I bought the cubes last week, but hadn't gotten around to setting them up till Monday.

Tuesday afternoon I met with my Primary Sunday school co-superintendent. Our girl's played and we talked, a little about Sunday school. It is a good afternoon when you can spend it talking with a friend.

Wednesday, I had the pleasure of attending EM's field trip to the local grocery store. That afternoon EM had another friend over to play and I was able to catch up on our accounts and statement reconciling. I now know that I can spend no more money for the rest of the month of April. Who can relate?

Thursday was a day spent in prayer. A couple in our church are in the process of adopting from Russia. They had just returned from Russia, having met their son for the first time, when the news reported that Russia had suspended all adoptions to US parents. You could just imagine that Heaven heard the Hallelujahs when word was sent out that Russia had not suspended adoptions to US parents.

And today, Friday. I am packed and ready for a girlfriend weekend. We are headed to a nearby State Park, where we will spend a weekend of doing absolutely nothing. Well, not nothing, we will do a little bit of sleeping. A little bit of eating, a little bit of reading, watching movies and talking.

And I can totally relate to Rachel Anne's fear of running out of coffee. Though one friend is bringing, what should be plenty, coffee I'm packing some as well ... just in case. Trust me when I say we will be IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, not a Starbucks nor gas station in sight for miles. The last thing I want to do, on a fun weekend away, is detox from my caffeine addiction.

Though, my one child had to send me off in style. This morning he walked into our bedroom saying he had been sick. Let me tell you, carpet is highly overrated. I'm hoping this is a quick moving stomach bug, and the final attack for our family. However, I need to send out my apologies to parent's at the birthday party my children attended last night ... sorry.

What are you doing this weekend? Do you ever take a girlfriends weekend, and if so what do you do?

For more Company Girl Coffee head over to Rachel Anne @ Home Sanctuary.

4 comments:

Aiming4Simple said...

I think carpet is overrated too! I loved having tile and wood floors in our previous homes. It sounds like your getaway is well deserved. I would absolutely love to get together with friends in the great outdoors. Maybe when my kids are a little older...though I did suggest that my husband and I do a camping trip to celebrate our anniversary this summer. We'll see!

One More Equals Four said...

Enjoy your girls weekend, I must admit I am a bit jealous!

Hope the stomach bug ends soon, ugh, that is the worst!

Ashley said...

Hope you had a GREAT weekend w/ the girls! I would love to have a girls weekend. And hope you come home to healthy kids!

Melinda said...

Carpet is very overrated.

Hope your weekend was a great respite for you.