Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Difference Between Men & Women ... Take 2

About this time, last year, I wrote this little piece about how women would plan a weekend away, compared to men.

Well, my girlfriends and I are packing up for another weekend, and again the emails and FB messages are flying.

Thank goodness none of us Tweet ... oh wait, another blog post idea!

Anyway, the meals have been assigned and the menus planned; down to the nitty gritty details so no two menus overlap. Yes, that last part may need professional counseling.

Who is bringing what in the way of paper plates, napkins, cups, bottled water, and the coffee. I do believe everyone is bringing coffee, at least everyone who drinks it.

It has been confirmed, again, that the cabin has sheets and towels.

We haven't over-organized the alcohol. That is just a given, everyone who drinks it will be bringing it.

And notice I said "over-organized." The ability to admit a problem is always the first step to overcoming the problem.

I love it that my girlfriends are also Type A. Well, at least some of them.

It wouldn't work if we were all Type A. We couldn't all be friends.

Come to think of it, all the Type A'ers are leaving early; because we can, and so we can arrive early, and set everything up just so. And, then enjoy a glass of wine to celebrate our Type A personalities.

Someone remind me what this post was about originally?

Either way, I am soooo looking forward to a weekend with the girls.

Oh, and did I mention there is no cell phone reception where we are going? Every mom reading this will understand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I have to take a bit exception to the last comment. I doubt I am truly that bad.

- Hubby