Sunday, November 2, 2008

I've Been Promoted

While driving home one day EM began talking to her imaginary friend, then her imaginary friend began talking to me.

Imaginary Friend: What is your name

Me: My name? Isn't it Mom?

Imaginary Friend: No, your name is not Mom.

Me: Then what is it?

Imaginary Friend: Mrs. "insert fake last name to hind my real last name"

Hmm, I'm no longer "just Mom." Does that come with a pay upgrade?
_________________________

One of the things I love being "just Mom" are the notes and pictures my kids leave for me. Many times they pile them up on my night stand.

You know, I think I'll keep my current position "just Mom", regardless of any promotion or pay raise (O, how I wish.)
For more Tiny Talk head to Mary at Not Before 7.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Hi! I found you through TTT.
My husband was a single father before we met. So when I met my oldest son he was 3. He was one of those fearless kids who used to wander off in the store and things like that, so we were working on making sure he knew some safety skills. I was practicing with him one day
"What is your name?"
"W__ S__ Brighton"
"What is Daddy's name?"
"D___ W___ Brighton"
"What is mommy's name?"
he thought for minute and then said "Mommy Brighton!"

Queenie Jeannie said...

Yep, "just" Mom is where it's at!!! I call these paychecks of the heart, and priceless!!

Jeannie

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I am with you girl! I'll be "just" mom any day of the week!

Happy TTT!

AMY said...

I'm with you,"Just Mom" is the best title you can have! I'll throw away all the rest from the business world.