Tuesday, June 7, 2011

School: A Recap

The school year is near its end.  Here is a recap:
  • First, how many painting projects did I complete and closets reorganized? 
Well, I'm not employed yet, so there is always next year.  Let us move on.
  • All three kids were in school full-time.  It took a couple of weeks to get used to my new freedom.
  • I volunteered way to much, and began subbing at the school.
  • One child is receiving the Citizenship Award, for her class, at the end of the school year.
  • Another child spent a morning in the office due to undesirable behavior.
Just another validation that it is all nature, nurture has nothing to do about.
  • Apparently, I joined a paramilitary group, plotting to overthrow the school, and the entire school system

... at least that is what one may believe if you listen to the school board and certain critics.  All this fuss, because a large group of parents asked for an independent, third-party climate survey to be conducted at our school (which our state's Department of Education does free of charge for any school district that asks).
  • The homeschool debate returned, this year I took it as far as ordering catalogs.  There are some great programs out there, and if I had the money I would purchase one of them, just for fun.
  • Then, we began looking into private school, which is obviously more expensive than homeschooling, but worth its weight in gold when it comes to mental health and a peaceful house ... according to Hubby.   So, we are looking into sending our oldest next year.
  • Hmm, looks like I need to put aside those painting jobs and stop volunteering.
In many ways, summer has already begun around our house, which makes the school year bed time a complete bore for the kids. 

We are all looking forward to the summer break, and it is promising to be fast and furious.  I can only hope that the kids learn to sleep in, because the mom will be.

No comments: