Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall Into Reading



Welcome Fall!!!!

Or, I would welcome fall, gladly embrace fall, enjoy the fall weather one thinks should arrive when the calendar announces it is fall, but alas I can't. They (weather forecasters) have announced it will reach 90 degrees today.

Words cannot describe my dismay to the lack of fall weather. Nor the fact that my fall clothes, my cute sweaters and long sleeve shirts are crying for freedom, while my shorts and t-shirts continue to mock them, and me.

So we move on.
Of course, there is another benefit to the weather turning cold, with a little rain ... since we are dreaming of cool weather. Reading!!! Curling up on the couch with a good book.

So, if the weather would turn cold, and rainy, what will I be reading? This fall's list is a short, mismatch of titles, most of which have been on past Reading Challenge lists. Obviously, I have not, yet, gotten to them, until now. Until now, now they are being removed from my bookshelf, the dust is being blown off, and I am reading them.

These are books I have bought, and, at that time, excited to read. I was excited to read them, but for one reason, or another, they have languished on my bookshelf. Sitting, and patiently waiting, while they have been moved down the list, by other books. Until now. Now, I find my reading wish list greatly diminished, so I read these forgotten books, and I will read the lists of many of you who have also joined the challenge. It is time to rebuild that reading list.


Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation
by Lynn Truss
This was on my Spring Fling list, and at that time I had started it, and I'm still on the same page of the book. This book requires some serious reading time, and all I've been giving it is right before bed reading time, so I haven't gotten far.

The Historian
by Elizabeth Kostova
Yes, this too has been on past lists. This time I shall read it, and considering the size of this book it may be the only other one I do read. Unless, there is a lot of cold and rain coming our way.

The Innocent Man
by John Grisham
Past list, check. Collecting dust on book shelf, check. Will read it by the end of 2010, check.
Wait a minute, how did we reach the last third of 2010?

Yep, I told you it was a short list. Please keep in mind that these are some hefty (intellectual and just plain heavy) books. And the way the weather forecast looks, I may not have many cold/rainy days to read.

Happy reading!

4 comments:

Jimi said...

Love the addition of Eats, Shoots & Leaves. That book has interested me for a long time, but I've never read it. Can't wait to hear how you like it.

Ronnica said...

I've had Eats, Shoots and Leaves on my shelf for a while...look forward to it.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Eats, Shoots and Leaves is fun. I love fall. We've had some fall weather, but it alternates with summer! Enjoy your challenge!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Oh, I hear you when it comes to books being "carryovers" from previous lists! Right there with you!

Enjoy your fall reading, and thanks for being part of the challenge!