Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lunch Ladies

It was all over Facebook.

Well, more like, we were all over Facebook.

The kids were in school! My baby started school! I'm a stay-at-home mom with no kids!

And, I'm cleaning out closets.

And, running errands.

A friend is deep cleaning her house.

And, then it was asked, why aren't we getting together for coffee? For lunch? Why are we diving into projects without taking a minute to breath, and enjoy friends.

Let's face it, it is the perfect time to make coffee plans with friends. School has just begun, there are no other commitments. Extra-curricular activities have yet to begin. We (the parent's) haven't, yet, volunteered in classrooms.

***While working out a friend did call me, to check-in, and offer her sit-down-and-enjoy-a-cup- of-coffee-together services, since my youngest boarded the school bus. I was about to make coffee plans, when one of the trainers at the gym told me to hang up the phone. Cell phone calls are only allowed in the lobby area.

Also, those working out are supposed to refrain from wearing cologne or perfume, however I don't see the trainers asking the overly fragrant old guy next to me to take a shower before setting out on the treadmill.

Sorry, I digress, but the whole cologne thing is a pet peeve. That, and women who can't use the hooks to hang their towels, when in the shower stall. Instead, they throw it over the stall wall, hitting me in the head.

Hey, it's my blog. And, yes, I'm considering counseling.

Anyway, what were we talking about?

Oh, lunch plans, and coffee plans, and anything else that allows us to sit down with other adults, and enjoy adult chatter, without children; and in places that don't have a fun slide and offer cheap toys in their meals.

Chick-fil-A is excluded from that last remark.

So, we are making plans. And, so should you.

What better way to procrastinate any cleaning project.

No comments: