Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Joys

Every now and then my children make me proud.

The other evening, the boys began to sweep the freshly cut grass off the driveway, without being asked.

Well, that was after I kicked them out of the house.

They were running around, inside the house. And, throwing splat balls, inside the house. Oh, did I mention that the splat balls were wet.

:::sigh:::

Since Hubby was mowing the backyard, I sent them out to the front yard, which had already been mowed.

Hence, the need to sweep the driveway and walkway. Which they began to sweep, voluntarily.

When I saw they were sweeping, my first response was Yea!!!

Then, I wondered how long it would take before they began to beat each other with the sticks of the brooms.

:::sigh:::

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahahaha! That makes me laugh. I have 3 girls and I love to hear them play and laugh together, and then I stop and wonder how long it will be before one of them ends in tears because the play got a little rough and out of hand. It goes the same every time. Sigh. But for the moments of laughter...worth it.