Tuesday, July 6, 2010

An Apron, is an Apron, is an ...

This past May I was organizing our church's Ladies Tea.

Our theme revolved around aprons, so I went looking for images of aprons to use for favors.

Here is what I found when I entered "aprons" in the search field:

1929:  The

Not exactly what I'm looking for.


A woman happily using her Packard vacuum cleaner, circa 1948. (Photo by FPG/Hulton Archive/Getty Images)

Getting warmer, but could do with out the vacuum.


LOS ANGELES - DECEMBER 23:  Actors and volunteers Bobby Edner, Jason Graham and Ashley Edner pose at the Los Angeles Mission

Getting colder


SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - NOVEMBER 15:  Members of the staff offer chocolate samples at he opening of the Lindt Concept Store and Cafe, the first of its type in the world, November 15, 2004 in Sydney, Australia.  (Photo by Patrick Riviere/Getty Images)

Colder ... but yummy, Lindt chocolates.
Wonder if they are looking for any blog reviewers?


LONDON, ENGLAND - MARCH 27: British Airways aircraft are parked on an apron at Heathrow airport during the first day of a strike by cabin crew on March 27, 2010 in London, England. Cabin crew are holding the second four day strike over pay and conditions. (Photo by Peter Macdiarmid/Getty Images)

Umm, no idea.



Seriously?



We're back to actual aprons, and a cute one,
but can do without the Victoria's Secret model.


UNIVERSAL CITY, CA - MARCH 12: Actress Betty White signs aprons to be auctioned at charity in the green room at  the

Not even close, but had to add it since it is a picture of Betty White.
And, yes, this picture was selected when I entered "aprons" into the search.



TORONTO, ON - SEPTEMBER 09:  Director Sima Urale from the film

The caption for the picture is "Apron Strings Portrait Session".
Person? Movie? Book? Googling as we speak ... Movie. Came out in 2008.



Westlemania and Mickey Rourke has what, exactly, to do with aprons?


And the last picture I found, while searching "aprons" ...

This is not the picture. I cannot show the picture I found.
Seriously, this is a family website, plus my Grandmother reads my blog ... Hi Grandma.
Let's just say there was an apron in the picture, numerous tatoos, and a back-end, 'nough said.

***All images, except the last one, were found at PicApp. The last image I found at Wikipedia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin, I read your post on Pioneer Woman asking about the sangria jug. I got an acrylic one at Sam's Club. I have also seen it at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Hope this helps.