Wednesday, November 11, 2009

If I Twittered

I don't Twitter, but if I did you can believe tweets would have been flying this past weekend. That is if cell phones worked where we were; though before the battery in my phone died I had a signal. In that case, if I had a signal, and my phone had not died, my first tweet at our Sunday school retreat would have been "I have a cell phone signal. The 21st century has made it to the mountains."

However, my cell died, and even if it hadn't I don't Twitter, and even if I did that signal was fleeting and only comes when you stand in one spot, and don't move so I wouldn't have been able to send out a message, and even then .... oh, what was the question?

OK, here is a recap from the weekend:

Just said bye to the kids, they left with Grandpa. I teared up while I said bye

LET THE WEEKEND BEGIN! 48 hours of nothing, except food, friends, games, laughter, food

Retreat Ground Rule: What is said at retreat, stays at retreat

Oh Glory Day! Hubby wants us to go on a hike, at SEVEN in the morning. Oh The Inhumanity!

Quick hike, Hubby's wife wimped out

Take a walk or take a nap? Walk, nap? Walk, nap? walk or nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Can I possibly eat any more food?

Yes!

How many calories do you burn while laughing? Oh my, I haven't laughed this hard in a L.O.N.G. time.

Parental Survival Tip #18: Find good friends, who have kids or work with kids, and who tell stories on themselves and their children. It is good to know we are all normal.

Some a little less then others, but all in the normal range.

Our weekend has come to an end, time to pick up the kids, but first we must reserve our rooms for next year.

Note to self: Doing nothing all day does not offset the exhaustion from staying up till midnight.

No comments: