Thursday, September 24, 2009

Love and Kisses


Sorry to drink and run, but I'm off for a weekend away with friends.

We are attending the Extraordinary Women Conference. Amy Grant is performing. Stormie Omartian is speaking, as is Candace Cameron Bure (Full House fame), Natalie Grant is also performing.

Oh, did I mention Amy Grant is performing. I've been an Amy Grant fan, for like ever. Yeah, bet she never heard that one before.

So for two nights I get to sleep in a hotel room, with no children. For three days eat meals in peace.

My bag is packed. With at least 2 cute outfits, I think. And extra shirts. I'm a mom. Since the moment we become pregnant we learn to pack extra shirts. I'm capable of putting together one nice outfit, but that is on a daily basis. When I'm packing, and standing in my closet, and planning clothes for two days, I'm stumped. I also think of all the items I don't have, that if I did have I would be dressed cute as a button.

A good time to take a break and have some God time. Maybe study a verse or two about being grateful for what we have. The God provides what we need, and though I'm sure he doesn't begrudge anyone a cute outfit, it is a moment when reality and stewardship needs to be remembered.

The dishes are clean. The house is picked up. There is one load of laundry in the washer, and hopefully will be in the dryer by the time I leave. That will probably remain in the dryer until next week, nothing new, home or not.

Soon I'm leaving. I'll pack up the car. Give EM a hug and kiss. Give Hubby a hug and kiss, and many thank yous for the weekend. I will realize I forgot to give JT and ED extra big hugs and kisses when they left for school.

Face it, when a mom goes away the hugs and kisses are never big enough.

I've packed the camera, hopefully I'll remember to use it. And yes, the batteries are charged.

Did I mention Amy Grant is performing!

Happy Friday, have a good weekend. Though I'm running out of the door please stay awhile. Head back over to Home Sanctuary for more Company Girl Coffee.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time! We can't wait to see pictures...of Amy Grant! =p Enjoy yourself.

Jhona O. said...

HOW EXCITING!!!!! Enjoy your time:)

One More Equals Four said...

Oh man, I would LOVE to be there! All you had to say was Stormie Omartian! Have an incredible weekend, I know you will. I am right there with you on the clothes. I go between pouting over my lack of cute outfits and reprimanding myself for not being grateful for what I have! Can't wait to hear about the trip!

mholgate said...

Oh Erin! I hope you had a marvelous time! I am a little jealous...I love Amy Grant too, and Stormie Omartian is one of my favorite writers.

Can't wait to hear about it next week over coffee!

I can relate to being thankful for what you have. We've been fixing up the living room this weekend and I have been fighting off the "if only I had this..." thoughts.

Have a great week!

-Melissa

Rachel Anne said...

Well, you are probably getting home by the time tis comment gets posted! I hope you had a wonderful time!! It sounds fab...and I'll bet you looked cute no matter what.