Sunday, July 5, 2009

Life with ADHD

When you find the funny in ADHD then life for you, and your child, becomes a lot less stressful.

Tonight I walked into JT's room to drop off some clothes. He just took a shower and should of been dressed by the time I walked in. But no.

He is standing there. Buck naked. Changing his pillow case.

Backing up. Earlier in the day we had just gotten home from a weekend at my parents. This was JT's first time home since leaving Wednesday for camp. While he was gone I had changed the sheets on his bed and this afterenoon told him that he would need to change his pillow case; "not now, but sometime before going to bed."

Now this is the fun with ADHD (or the frustration, depending on the situation.) Soon after walking into his room he saw his pillow and remembered what I said about changing the pillow case, and forgot about getting dressed.

Apparently, not even the breeze was jogging his memory.

1 comment:

Jolanthe said...

Hee hee...I need you to listen to an mp3 of a seminar I attended on ADHD a few weeks ago. Some interesting stuff. :)