Monday, July 6, 2009

And Then There Were ...

So I'm looking over my calendar and realize our summer is half over.
OK, maybe not exactly half. I haven't counted the weeks, but I can tell you these weeks are flying by.

Swim team ends in 2 & 1/2 weeks. Next week is their last meet, and JT's first. In these same 2 & 1/2 weeks we leave for vacation. We arrive home just in time for my brother and his family to visit. They leave just as we head to the school for "Fee Day." One more week, and school returns to our daily schedule.

So what haven't we done this summer? Relaxed. Those lazy days, of playing in the sprinkler and enjoying a good book have been far and few. (Though truth be told, in summers past we may have had a few too many of these elusive and not so Utopian days.) Possibly because my children don't understand the concept of "lazy." Mainly because we substituted school and school year activities with summer time activities.

We are still running out of the house each morning to some activity. Evenings are filled with swim team and staying up late. And because I thought I had more time I joined a Bible study.

All good, but we are still busy.

I may just be looking forward to those dog days in August because most of our summer time activities will have ended. A week or two of absolutely nothing may be just what we need before school begins. If it isn't too hot I may even finish weeding the butterfly garden.

No comments: