Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sorry

Summer vacation is here, how can you tell?

*The boy's pegs on their behavior chart are at all times low. They are two steps away from sitting in their room for the day.

*Our food supplies are at an all time low, except for the freezer where a quarter of a cow sits. (Then again, the fact that it is the end of the month may be the main contributing factor to a bare fridge.)

*An empty wine glass sits by the sink at the end of every evening. (Absolutely no idea who is needing a glass of wine at the end of the day, with the kids, all day.)

*We are all pooped. The kids have VBS this week. Then swimming practice at night. The kids are sleeping past 7am, woo hoo, and I'm heading to bed as soon as I post this.

*The menu plan for the summer consists of visiting the farmer's market (and keeping my shopping to below $15 per week) and grilling.
I just want to say, I LOVE THE FARMER'S MARKET. Seriously, I feel like a kid in a candy store.

This week, VBS. Next week, camp. The week after that we are back to our regular schedule. By about August everyone will be ready for school to begin.

No comments: