Friday, May 22, 2009

Company Girl Coffee


Welcome! Come in, have a seat. Let me poor you some coffee, and would you like a few Strawberry Shortcake Cookies. (Jo, comparing your picture with my cookies and I do believe your cookies turned out much better then mine. Think I cut my strawberries too small and added a few too many. But they are still delicious.)

It has been several Fridays since I last joined a Company Girl Coffee. Every Friday I've missed I had every intention to at least visit those participating. :::sigh::: It is hard to read blogs when you don't have time to turn on the computer.

Our house has been abuzz with painting, furniture buying, and house cleaning. Some trim still needs finished in the playroom, when that is completed I can start painting the kitchen. I had hoped to work on it this week; however, as all projects go, last week's clean house project spilled into this week. And then today I left early this morning to pick strawberries.



I headed out early this morning because the farm opens at 7:30 am, and they are known to be picked out early. Yesterday they were picked out by 8:45 am. By the time I arrived they were telling people that, yes, they were already picked out, it was 7:40. They gave people the option to wait around to see if any rows opened up. I spent a peaceful 45 minutes waiting around, yes peaceful. When you are a mom there is luxury is found in moments like these. When I headed to the polls in November I took and book and rather gladdened to hear of the long lines. Imagine my disappointment when I was able to walk right in and vote. he he.

Anyway, I digress, my perseverance won out and I ended up picking a little over 10 pounds of strawberries.

So far today I've made a strawberry pie, for tonight's dessert. The Strawberry Shortcake Cookies, and I can't stop eating them. Plus, a Strawberry Cream Freeze, found at Allrecipies.com, for tomorrow's cookout. I can't wait to eat this tomorrow. I doubled the recipe to fit in a 8x13 pan, instead of the suggested chocolate cookie pie crust, and had some mixture left over to place in a cupcake pan to make 6 mini pies. Oh wait, I have extra. I don't have to wait till tomorrow.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients
1 (8 oz) package Cream Cheese, softened
1c Cold Milk
1 package of Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1 1/2c thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
20 Nilla Wafers, coarsely broken
1c Sliced Fresh Strawberries
1/2c Strawberry Ice Cream Topping

Directions
1. Beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk. Add dry pudding mix; beat 2 minutes. Stir in Cool Whip, wafers and berries. Swirl in ice cream topping.
2. Serve it your way!
3. Pie: Spread filling into 6-oz Oreo Pie Crust. Freeze 6 hours, or until firm. Garnish with additional berries, if desired.
4. Mini Pies: Spoon filling into 12 cupcake liners. Freeze 4 hours. Remove paper linings. Garnish desserts with additional berries, if desired. Makes 12 servings.
5. Waffle Bowls: Freeze filling 6 hours or until firm. Let stand 15 minutes before scooping into waffle bowls. Makes 8 servings.
-------------------------------------------------
Along with skipping Company Girl Coffee, I've also shelved the Small Things this month. Though, when I saw the prize I made an effort to complete the tasks, but that only lasted one day.

Recently Rachel Anne announced an exciting new project, she wrote a book. And, it is about friendship, the spirit of being a Company Girl. Along with announcing this new project she has asked people to submit pictures for the book. for pictures. Details to enter a picture can be found at Company Girl.

She also announced that she is speaking at a ladie's luncheon in Midlothian. Midlothian! Hey, that is only two hours from me. Oh wait, she is speaking in Midlothian, Texas. I live 2 hours from Midlothian, Virginia. Sorry, Rachel Anne. I was going to come, but Texas is a tad bit far for me.

Oh my, it seems that everyone has been busy. What have you been up too? Do you have any favorite recipes that celebrate the tastes of spring?

8 comments:

Kara @ Just1Step said...

Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to try it out. :)

And I have no idea what I would do with 10lbs of strawberries...don't you worry about them going bad??

I hope you get a little further on all your projects sometime soon. Our big thing is that we're building a house...that's giving us a lot to keep us busy. So many things to plan like furniture, room colors, blinds, etc.!

Have a great weekend!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh - YUM! That looks great.

Keep it up on all the projects - you'll get there!!! It can be frustrating.

Clearly the only project going on in my house is growing this child :)

Cheryl said...

Wow - your recipes are making my mouth water! :) We have strawberry fields near our home and I usually buy a flat (12 baskets) at a time and freeze for smoothies later in the year. Sounds like you have plenty to last you awhile!

Our current plans are...hubby is finishing re-building a fountain in our front yard. His goal is to have it finished and running by our daughter's graduation party in two weeks. On the other hand, I'm working on things inside the house - always trying to sort through clutter...

Have a great weekend!

D said...

Wow 10 lbs of strawberries!!! What do you do with them all?!? That recipe looks yummy - I may have to try it this weekend.

Thanks so much for coffee! Have a great holiday!
Dawn

Reese said...

Thanks!! I have been blessed with too many strawberries. I can really use some recipes.
Good luck on the painting, me too.
Have a wonderful weekend!

secondofwett said...

We'll have to wait til June for our fresh strawberries but yours look very yummy!

Anonymous said...

We love strawberries. I think we've bought 4 pounds every week for the past 3 weeks. =p My daughter loves berries, so we'll have our share of fruits this summer.

Thanks for the recipe.

Have a great weekend.

Jolanthe said...

Where are you going picking?