Saturday, May 23, 2009

I Have a Confession

I'm not a morning person. I hate getting up. In fact, I take awhile to wake up and prefer to lounge in bed, read a book, and just enjoy the morning (for awhile) from my bed.

Growing up my parent's would point out how I "slept the day away" when I got up around 9 or 10 on a Saturday morning. Now that I'm a mom I've always felt a little guilty about sleeping in on Saturday mornings. Once our family got up and moving I look out at our neighbors and see that they have probably been moving since early that morning. I wonder when I'll mature a little more and stop sleeping my Saturday's away. I've thought all that, until today.

It is OK. It is OK I didn't roll out of bed until 8:30/9:00 this morning. Hubby didn't start making pancakes until 9. The kids watched TV from about 7 until breakfast was ready. And, I'm still in my pajamas. Well, maybe the latter is taking this new found realization a little far, but there you go.

The kid's watch next to no TV during the week, so they are making up for it on Saturday morning.

We have many a Saturday where we are up and moving at an early hour. The lazy Saturday's we do enjoy are truly a luxury.

Everyone is up and out the door at early hours every morning, including Sundays. We are a family who will enjoy lazy Saturdays when they come, because they come far and few between.

And with that all said I'm off to take a shower.

2 comments:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I am right there with you! Saturday mornings we love playhouse Disn.ey!!! Nothing like it to let the weary parents get some extra zzzz's!

Cheryl said...

Good for you! Your family is hurting nobody by having your "lazy Saturdays." More of us should do the same!

You asked about my strawberry smoothie recipe. In a blender, I add milk, vanilla, and frozen strawberries. Add more fruit as desired. With just the strawberries, it tastes a LOT like homemade strawberry ice cream... :)