Thursday, February 12, 2009

They Grow Up So Fast

When JT came home one day and said he got in trouble during lunch because he burped in a girls face I knew we had the starts of a crush.

Boys pick on girls they like. Not that I'm condoning the burping, hitting, tripping, teasing, or whatever else boys commit with to profess their "like" for a girl. That is what they do.

:::SIGH:::

I just pray that all my lecturing about how to treat a girl kicks in before they turn 23.

Then he began talking about the same girl. As we looked towards Valentine's Day he talked about sending her a special valentine.


Yikes, this is getting serious.

Then he came home this week and announced that she is his valentine. His girlfriend.

I asked what it meant to have a girlfriend and he said "be nice to her."
OK, well talking myself blue in the face has helped ... a little.

How did this happen so quickly?

I figured we had a few more years of "girl teasing" before there was talk of girlfriends and boyfriends. Apparently not.

I'm thinking I want the baby and preschool years back. I'm not ready for this new stage.

No comments: