Monday, December 1, 2008

It's All in the Family

So here it is, the list of family blogs. However, I'm a little disappointed about posting this simply because I can't do the listing justice.

Ah, come'on.

No really, in order to do this justice I need to review each and every blog, then think of something witty and descriptive for each blog, and then actually get all that on to the computer screen in order to post.

Frankly my dear friends all that takes time. I don't have time. I do have a house which needs cleaning, Christmas decorations to put up (before my kids start rebel and do it instead), Christmas cards to make (yes, I said "make" and next time I talk about making my own cards tie me up and don't let me out till February), a Sunday School newsletter to finish (because I've procrastinated that puppy till the last minute), oh ... and sleep to capture.

So, why am I even posting their blogs? If you asked that question you must not have a blog. If you have a blog you want people to read it, it's just human nature. We're sorta self-centered that way. And, to gain more readers/visitors it helps to have the blog posted elsewhere, like other blogs.

So without further ado:
This all got started when Hubby attended his grandmother's funeral last Wednesday and the cousins got to talking. (Remember 11 siblings + spouses, 34 grandchildren - give or take + spouses, and their children. At which point I've lost count and forgotten most names.) It is a big family, a big loving family where there are no in-laws. Once you attend a family gathering get married you are in, one of the family.

Sorry, I digress ... as usual. A big family, where several members blog, and the rest visit said blogs. I'm guessing the conversation started as some of the cousins shared what they posted about Grandma, like these ... and now without further ado:

Lime Street Life - grandma mary
Rancho Ruperto - Grandma
Mennogirl - passing away in November

Some pictures from the funeral:
The Good, the Bad, and I - (Un)funeral
Aptly titled. Both Grandma and Grandpa (who passed 8 years ago) lived long, full lives. Their funerals were times to remember and celebrate who they were and what they passed down to present, and future, generations.

And all the others ... I could find. If I forgot you my apologies (and I know I am missing at least one, but here comes that pesky time thing again) and know it was not intentional. Leave a comment, with your blog.
Marigraph
L'Eau
A Nelder Creek Log
"If I had learned ..."
ZettaZebra

JT now wants to write a blog, probably one of the first in the 4th generation, at which I said "sure but what are you going to write about?" He could write some great posts about being 7, or in 2nd grade, or the injustices of the world, parents, school and homework. Or, he could just write a lot of potty humor, he is a boy and he is 7 after all. Actually, his 3rd reply (after nipping all the potty humor suggestions) was option C, "the injustices of the world" ... like his parents always putting him in a time out. Hmmm, maybe we will start with an old fashion blog, paper and pencil, and go from there.

No comments: