Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Birthday Weekend

That's it Ladies and Gentleman, I'm celebrating 36 today!

Why would I post this? Good question, but why not. While visiting mholgate's blog, Seven Matters, (yes people, she has 5 kids, my hats off to her) she shared that it was her birthday on the 22nd of November (Saturday), turning 35 and she was born on Thanksgiving. Well, that was too good to pass up seeing that 36 years ago my mother was heading to the hospital, on Thanksgiving Day.

We actually celebrated yesterday. Hubby bought a yummy ice cream cake and the kids made decorations. We celebrated on Saturday since Sunday was packed with church, membership class and my in-laws were taking us out for dinner.

Let's face it when you reach a certain age birthdays are not a big to-do anymore, but it was nice to receive several cards, as well as several birthday wishes at church and phone calls.

An old friend passed along a card to me, I am always amazed at Rachel's organizational ability. She has a birthday calendar to remember, and if she misses to send a card I'm sure to receive a phone call or text message. I on the other hand can barely remember my kid's birthday so sorry to say but my friends are mostly out of luck ... sorry.

Any who, all these plans for the day were set aside thanks to illness in our family. The kids had fevers and I have a cold, but I did get a nap today, yippee skippy. Also, early this morning Hubby's Grandmother passed away.

It was sad to hear that his Grandmother passed away, she was 88. At the same time it is blessed to hear she is finally at peace and joined the choir in Heaven. This woman should be an inspiration to us all. She and her husband raised 11 children and ran a farm. They were Godly people, who raised their children in the church, and their legacy lives on through their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Her mischievous smile, stories of years past, and love for her family will be greatly missed.

No comments: