Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Trivial Pursuit Is Not My Thing

At what point have you realized it is time to give it all up? Pop culture is no longer your thing; because who has time to keep track of the Jonas Brother's names or the latest cast of Saturday Night Live when you are keeping track of dance lessons, violin lessons, soccer practice, and snack days.

So speaking of the cast of Saturday Night Live, stay with me...I promise I'll bring this full circle (then again, it is almost 10 at night so no promises.) Last week Sara Palin was introduced as a VP candidate. Of the many sentences used to describe her one was "she wears 'Tina Fey' type glasses."

However, when I read "Tina Fey" I thought Tammy Faye Baker/Messner. Really, I don't remember seeing Tammy Faye wear glasses, and I'm seeing no resemblance.

Tina Fey, Tina Fey! Saturday Night Live, Mean Girls, 30 Rock, writer, American Express spokesperson. Big Difference! How is it possible to confuse the two? Good question. This is the point when I think "really, obviously I've been out of the loop for ... oh say about 15 - 20 years."

P.S. I've been looking for pictures of these three to post, but it is taking up too much of my time and therefore giving up. Though, I did find one of Tina Fey looking like a younger Sara Palin, uncanny likeness. Anyway, do your own Google search and you will see how disconntected my brain is most some days.

No comments: