Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall Into Reading 2008


From past posts you know I love to read and I'm a tad bit competitive. When I heard that Callapidder Days is hosting a Fall Reading Challenge, "challenge, did someone say challenge?"

I was in. Also, many of my books are collecting dust, just waiting for me to brush off the dust and dig in. Well, here is my motivation to get those books off the bookshelf and into my hands. So, here is my Fall reading list. And, if you are interested in joining then head over to Callapidder Days for details.

Fall Reading List
In The Company of Cheerful Ladies
Blue Shoes And Happiness
The Good Husband of Zebra Drive
~Alexander McCall Smith~

And return to my Jane Austen Read-A-Thon
Mansfield Park
Northanger Abbey
~Jane Austen~

Lots and lots of blogs

Fall Devotional Reading List
Finally finish Beth Moore's The Patriarchs (Hmmm, I've heard that one before)

Elizabeth George's A Woman After God's Own Heart (A second reading, this time with the study guide.)


The list is short, and something tells me I may be reading more blogs then the books. But a girl can dream. What books need moved off your bookshelf? Join us as we celebrate good books, and sharing them with friends.

8 comments:

Jolanthe said...

I suppose I should add the Ladies Detective Agency book to my list too, hmmm? :)

We should check in with each other each Tuesday to see what we are actually completing!!!

Jolanthe

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I haven't read any of Alexander McCall Smith's books, but I've heard good things about them. I should probably add them to my "eventually" list, to try them out.

Thanks for being part of the challenge!

Carrie said...

I really liked the Elizabeth George book but it's been awhile since I've read it. It could probably stand a re-read.

Have fun!

Kayren said...

I'm putting the Alexander McCall Smith books on my "future" list.

~ Kayren

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun list. I have a Beth Moore on mine too! Happy Reading.

Angela

Lindsay said...

I love the #1 ladies detective agency. I love Jane Austen.. but I havent read Northanger Abbey.. but I saw the movie its pretty interesting. I hope you like it :-)

kalea_kane said...

Nice list. I hate to say it, but I have yet to read Jane Austen. I am officially putting some of her works on my "After the Fall" reading list. :) I hope you have a great time reading!

Kelly

eva said...

Great list! I love Jane Austen. Northhanger Abby's pretty good. I look forward to reading your reviews!

Be sure to stop by my blog and maybe leave a comment or two.