Sunday, June 22, 2008

Life's A Beach

At least it was last week. Saturday we returned home from a relaxing and fun trip to the Outer Banks, which included my entire family. My parent's rented a beach house, just a short walk to the beach, invited their children and families, and my paternal Grandmother. My Mother commented that the week felt like a MasterCard commercial; "cost of beach house, food for the week, ... spending time with family, priceless." Where I added, "and the cost of therapy after spending a whole week with your family."


Therapy aside we had a great week, and I'm not just saying it because the week was practically free for us. A multi-generational vacation is fun for everyone; Grand kids spent time with the Grandparents and Great-Grandma, Cousins played, Siblings caught up, and by the end of the week I don't think anyone was calling their therapist. My Grandmother was thrilled to just watch the kids run around, and they were thrilled that Grant-Grandma read to them, constantly. Grandpa became head pirate, much to the joy of the Grandchildren. And though our mornings still began early, thanks to children who refused to sleep-in, the days were relaxing for all. My husband and I even snuck in a nap or two during the week.

Turn in later this week, I'll post some pictures once and name some of our favorite activities, other then the beach and the pool.

No comments: