Monday, July 9, 2012

Jewelry Organizer

How did I turn my dresser from this?

Can you hear my Type A just exploding?
 To this?

A very empty, very dusty, dresser top

 Well, first I got an idea (from somewhere).  Then I perused Pinterest for ideas (inspiration overload).  Then I hit the thrift stores for inspiration, (but no luck).   Then I hit a local store, The Lady Jane, specializing in vintage inspired decor. 

Bingo:
Oh, be still, my beating heart
 My jewelry collection has steadily been growing over the years.  (Shhh, don't tell Hubby.)  The chaos on my dresser (see above) was out of control.  (Hence, the term "chaos".  Never underestimate the power of stating the obvious.)


Just hanging out



The baskets are great for jewelry bags, while necklaces can hang from the wires.   









Bangles and (not so heavy) cuff bracelets balance nicely, while heaver cuff bracelets stay in the basket. 

I'm thinking of individual, small baskets, to sit in the wire baskets for smaller items.  Maybe some hooks, to hang below, for more necklaces and bracelets. 











Earrings with a looped backing  just dangle. 












Post earrings are pinned into a piece of foam.  (Rethinking that, but for now, we shall see how it works.)



And, it fits in our closet, right behind the door.  This new arrangement works beautifully.  Sunday, we were running late getting ready for church, and it was so nice to walk into the closet and look at my options, instead of opening (and not closing) boxes.

Better yet, I feel like we are one step closer to organizing our closet.  The grand plan, is to install closet organizers, shelves, drawers and all, and  remove the dusty, plain, and creaky dressers.

That is the plan, however, we know how quickly projects are completed in our house. 



No comments: