Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Works for Me Wednsday

works for me wednesday at we are that family
Make-Up?  What is a girl to do when she doesn't get it?

That girl would be me.

And hair.  I don't get hair; how to have it cut, styled, products, appliances, ... it is all beyond me.  However, I have discovered part of that mystery, a good hair dresser.  A good hair cut is half the battle to decent hair.

Sorry, I digress.  We were talking about make-up, and that I don't understand it.

Sure, I've gone to the make-up parties where a consultant shows you how to apply it, what colors to use, and then she presents you with the bill from said make-up party, and you think to yourself that this make-up better last till your kids go to college. 

However, make-up is not supposed to last that long, germs and harboring disease and all that.  Then again, I'm a stay-at-home mom, I wear make-up about once a week, to church, maybe twice.  At this rate it will last till the kids go to college.

When I do finally throw away that terribly expensive, half used, but now 5-years-old make-up, I head to the nearest box store and find myself overwhelmed by selections, and prices.

Seriously?!?  $20 for ONE Blush.  What exactly does it do, because if it isn't cleaning my bathroom I'm not sure it is worth that amount of money.

Over Christmas I received a gift card to Sephora, and discovered the most wondrous product, that is low in cost, provides good make-up, with many choices to play around with, in one product.

For $30 I bought 5 blushes, 10 glosses, and numerous eye shadows.  They are divided into 5 palates, which are removable.  They come in one large case, with a smaller case included, the size of one palate.

These 5 blushes and numerous eye shadows are just the right size for the amount of make-up I actually wear.  Granted, that is A LOT of eye shadow, but for the price, I'm won't mind throwing this out at the end of the recommended make-up expiration date, and purchasing a new one.  For $30 (they had other palates for less, just not available at the time I purchased this one.) 

They are also coordinated (did I mention I don't understand the make-up thing), knowing what goes with what, and some of it is a little daring, pushing me out of my comfort zone. 

You don't need to shop at Sephora to find these palates, my guess is they are everywhere, I just happened to have a gift certificate, which took me to Sephora.   This is to also say that Sephora does not know me, other then having my shipping address in their files, and never asked me to write a review. 

A make-up color palate has proven to work for me.  For more Works for me Wednesday head to We are THAT Family.

No comments: