Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tales of Parenthood

I forget how old the kids were, but they were young; the boys were either 3 &  almost 2 years old, or 4 & almost 3 years old.

It was a Saturday morning.  Hubby was not home, and I wanted to take a shower.  So, like every good mom, who wants 10 minutes for a shower, I plopped my children in front of the TV, left all doors open, from the TV to my bathroom (our bedroom is on the same floor as the family room), and hopped into the shower.

When I came out my boys were eating candy canes?!?!

"Where did they come from?"  (This was around the time our oldest had a penchant for sneaking candy.)

Remember, they were young, which meant good verbal skills and toddler/preschool boys are not always used in the same sentence, unless you are discussing their lack of.

Eventually, I came to understand that Santa had driven by, on a firetruck, and was handing out candy canes.

Remember, Hubby was not home, I was in the shower, and my young children just ran outside, in the winter, unattended, probably still in the their PJ's and slippers, to greet Santa, and gather a candy cane.

Has this ever happened to you?  You know that feeling, or feelings; where utter frustration, failure, and relief are felt, all at the same time.  Oh, and the fear that CPS will be knocking on your door any day now.  Please, tell me I'm not the only one who has ever felt that fear.

No comments: