Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Fun


"It's hard work to enjoy your summer", shared a fellow mom when I saw her in Walmart the other day.

And it is.

Partly, because my children have yet to learn the art of sleeping in; even though I model it every morning, for as long as possible. Then they start begging to be fed.

I'm loving our late evenings. Which actually translates to 8:30/9:00 bedtimes. This is late for our kids, who normally see a 7:30/8:00 bedtime during the school year.

The evenings are more relaxed, and that includes swimming practice every weeknight. We have time to eat dinner, go swimming, take a bike ride, enjoy a snack, and just hang out. Then go to bed. One thing missing are showers, but the chlorine in the pool takes care of that, right.

Unfortunately, these late evenings have not yet translated into late mornings. This means that by Thursday my adorable children are sleep deprived, and less then adorable.

Oh well, we have the rest of the summer to work on this little fault.

That, and pray for some rain and cooler weather. My other complaint with the summer, so far, is the HOT weather. I really want to kick them outside to play, but the fear of heat stroke keeps them in the air conditioned safety of the house.

No comments: