Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tiny Talk Tuesday




Sunday morning EM walked up to Hubby and started talking about her boyfriend. (If you are new to my blog, EM is 4 years-old.)

EM: Daddy, AB is my boyfriend. We kiss.

Hubby: I need to meet this boy.

EM: Oh Daddy.

Hubby: Well, when are you getting married?

EM: Oh Daddy, you need to keep your eyes open and see what happens.
(Um, who is keeping their eyes open? She is still looking, or Hubby just has to guess who this AB boy is?)
-----------------------

JT participated in a design/engineering type tournament. His specific job, while the rest of his team was presenting, was to place weights on their newspaper structure, to test it's weight capability. With each weight he carefully studied the structure, made sure it could hold more, and continued.

Near the end it was his turn to present, and one of the other boys took over placing weights on the structure. Well, JT's replacement saw that the structure could not take much more so he went for broke, and placed the largest weight on the structure, which smashed it.

In the middle of his presentation JT stops, turns around and cries "WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR?" Poor kid, here his baby was smashed the moment he walks away from the table.
-------------------------

Speaking of JT, yesterday he called the mom of a classmate to invite the classmate to his "Afternoon With a Teacher", which he won at the school's silent auction. The conversation went something like this:

JT: Hello, Mrs. PS. I invited KS to come to Afternoon With a Teacher. (Me: introduce yourself.) Oh yes, this is JT. Anyway, I was at the school carnival, which I think you missed, but KS was there with a relative, and she wanted to bid on the Afternoon With a Teacher, but I had already put down $30, so she couldn't. So, I won the Afternoon, and KS asked if she could come, since I can invite a friend, and I told her I would think about it, and she is invited, so I needed to know if she can come. I don't know when it is, but it will be some time, and we will do something, with our teacher, because it will be me, and KS, and our teacher. (Me: give me the phone.)

After all that, Mrs. PS and I were able to piece together what is happening, when it is happening, and that KS will probably be able to attend. And, I applaud my son for taking the initiative and calling Mrs. PS.

For more Tiny Talk Tuesday head over to Mary's at Not Before 7.

1 comment:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

while the conversation may have been "wandering", I credit him for calling and asking too :) Hope they have fun!

Happy TTT!