Saturday, December 26, 2009

Hashbrown Casserole


Here is another perfect breakfast recipe for the holidays, girlfriend brunch, or just because, and this recipe was also given to me by my girlfriend Gina. Many, many moons ago she used to work at Cracker Barrel, and this recipe is very similar to their hashbrown casserole.

Gina is one of those people who can take one bite of a dish and tell you all the ingredients, and if she can't she is willing to experiment until she comes up with it. I'm not one of those people, instead I make friends with people who do.

Anywho, here is the recipe, recounted to the best of my knowledge. We made this for our Christmas morning brunch, without my recipe, and it turned out perfectly.

Why, you ask I didn't have my recipe? A while back I started to organize my ever growing pile of recipes, printed, written, torn out magazine pages, I was on a mission. Well, as usual I started the project, but never finished. So, now if I want to find a well loved recipe I need to dig it out of a pile of loose pages shoved into a box, shoved into a cupboard. ... Wait, this sounds like a topic for another posting, on another day.

Hashbrown Casserole:
1 Bag of Shredded Potatoes (I found a 20oz bag of Ore Ida seasoned shredded potatoes at our local crash and dent grocery store for 99 cents.)
1 Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Mix in a 8x8 or 9x9 pan (Great recipe to complete this part ahead of time.)

Bake at 350 degree for 40-50 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments: