Friday, August 28, 2009

Don't Look Now

We live in a small town. (Though it is the biggest town within a 1 hour radius, 2 hours if you head into West Virginia.)

We live in a small town. Lots of small town charm, along with little "just off the mountain" charm, and sometimes this creates a little kookiness.

This evening we were driving through town and there he was! The guy who walks around town with his pants riding below his butt. OK, so this is not rare, but his pants are riding W.A.Y. below. Next time we head into town I'm carrying a belt. Obviously this poor guy missed his momma's memo about showing off his shiny boxers.

If that wasn't enough excitement for one evening. (I told you we live in a small town.) Hubby and I yell out, at the same time "did you see that!"

HE saw a group of women praying for another woman, along the side walk, laying hands on her. Don't misunderstand me, I'm all for laying hands and praying; but downtown, in the middle of the sidewalk? Hey, when you need some prayer you need some prayer.

I, looking on the other side of the street, saw a woman petting a white rat, sitting on a door stoop. The rat was white, and it looked clean. I'm guessing it is hers, and she didn't just pick it up to be hers.

So some of you are thinking "that's the best you have?" Like I said, we live in a small town. Usually we only have one kooky event at a time. But, three in one drive through town. It was a happening night in this small town.

No comments: