Monday, July 27, 2009

Type A

Type A individuals can be described as impatient, time-conscious, concerned about their status, highly competitive, ambitious, business-like, aggressive, having difficulty relaxing; and are sometimes disliked by individuals with Type B personalities for the way that they're always rushing. They are often high achieving workaholics who multi-task, drive themselves with deadlines, and are unhappy about delays. Because of these characteristics, Type A individuals are often described as "stress junkies."
~That is the definition provided by Wikipedia. (Yes, Tom I use Wikipedia.)

At our church I'm involved with several of our children ministries. With each position I've worked with another lady who has become a good friend.

And we seem to work well together, despite the fact that we are both Type A personalities. Oh, trust me it could me ugly. But, it isn't.

We each have our "things." Areas we take control over, and get it down. Sometimes we have to pass a project onto the other person. Something hard for me because I have a certain way I want things done. However, knowing I'm working with another Type A person lets me hand it over. It may not be done "my way", but it will be done and it will be done well ... most likely better then I could have completed it.

Maybe I should place myself under "Recovering Type A."

No comments: