Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Have A Confession

The past two days have been sunny and beautiful. We've been outside planting, weeding, and watering. Not sure why I'm watering the plants, other then the newly planted ones, because the weather this past week and a half has been rain, cold and more rain.

However, I must confess, I've loved the cold and wet days. Maybe because our incomplete indoor projects (painting). Maybe, I'm feeling too lazy to be outside weeding and planting. (Nah, while outside Tuesday afternoon it felt good basking in the sun, digging in the dirt, and watching the kids making garden discoveries as they dug in the dirt.) Half way through the afternoon I realized I forgot to apply suntain lotion. By Wednesday morning I felt the consequences of my forgetfullness. Oh well, why is it every spring we go through this suntan lotion learning curve. By mid-June I may remember.

The third reason for loving these cold and wet days may be due to the recent arrival of our sectional sofa. BINGO! When the weather is bad I'm not feeling guilty for curling up on the sofa and enjoying a good book.

No comments: