Friday, May 8, 2009

CountUp!

While growing up my Dad traveled, a lot. (Now corralling my own three munchkins I'm always in wonderment as to how my Mom managed. I freak out when Hubby has to travel for one week, one week out of 52.)


Anyway, while my Dad traveled he always kept in touch with us kids, in creative ways.

While I was in college he drove, a lot. In attempt to fend off the boredom of driving he would call me, or call the phone in my dorm room (pre-cell phones.) To add interest to the conversation he would call just as his odometer was about to change over to a big number; 10,000 miles, 20,000 miles, 50,000 miles, 90,000 miles, .... There would be excitement in his voice, counting down and cheering as the odometer changed over. I, on the other end, would exude nothing but college coed coolness (teenager snarkiness.) If a roommate answered the phone, and I was not around, they were forced inducted into this craziness.


All this is to say, ready for this ... let's count up ... 9995, 9996, 9997, 9998, 9999



10,000


The number of hits to my blog traveled past 10,000 hits. Woh, Hoo!

Thanks for sharing.

No comments: