Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tiny Talk Tuesday

This weekend our house was filled with tiny talk. My brother and his family, including 5 year-old DT and 11 month-old TK, were down for a visit. Chatter ranged from TK trying out all her new 'words' and DT and ED telling the funniest of 5 year-old jokes.

Those of you with young children understand how anything but funny the jokes are that they make-up. The fun actually comes from listening to their infectious laughter as they enjoy each other's not so funny jokes.

I'm still kicking myself for not writing down their jokes as they were making them up. This blogging thing is still new to me, I keep forgetting to carry around my notebook for moments such as these.

Yesterday I arrived early to pick up EM from preschool. The older two were with me since they had the day off, yes kids still get off for Columbus Day. While waiting the kids ran back and forth from the playground to the car. At one point ED was running back to the slide when EM's preschool class walked around the corner to return inside.

EM, catching site and him yelled "ED."

She then turned around to the rest of her class and excitedly and proudly announced "that is my brother."

How long does that last? When a younger, or older, sibling is proud of, and will gladly show off their brother or sister.

For more Tiny Talk head over to Mary @ Not Before 7.

1 comment:

Colored With Memories said...

hopefully a very long time! how sweet...