Monday, October 27, 2008

The Good Ole Days

Saturday morning we headed to Hubby's parents to make apple sauce. By lunch time we made 40 quarts of applesauce and the kids heard some stories about when their grandparents went to school.

Recently, all the kid's classes went on field trips, that time of year. JT asked the grandparents if they went on field trips in school. This started the discussion. My MIL went to public school and they had one class per grade. FIL went to a church-related school, where three to four grades were in one class. And this started our walk down memory lane while we made the applesauce.

I love making applesauce with my in-laws, though when they stop making it I'm not sure what we will do since the recipe is not written down. It is one of those take a bushel of this, pour in to taste, and mix.

After watching my MIL mix it up I think we could do it, but it wouldn't taste the same. There is something about family, and spending time together, that makes the food just taste better.

1 comment:

carrhop said...

What a fantastic memory for your kiddos!! Awesome!

Loved your comment on the Franklin Covey/Centro post--you'll appreciate this--I have misplaced my 'sync' cord that allows me to have the calendar on both my computer and Centro up-to-date on both techy items--so now I'm having to check the computer calendar and then the calendar on the Centro---hmmmmm--did you hear Franklin Covey calling my name?

Blessings!