Friday, September 26, 2008

Company Girl Coffee




I'm not sure when I became a clothes and shoes girl, ... well I do know and ironically it happened when I became a stay-at-home mom, meaning one salary and a strict budget. Regardless of three children, several pounds gained, and my feet gaining a shoe size (not pretty when you started out a size 9) I've amassed enough shoes to make my husband laugh. No, I don't have THAT many shoes, anything over 3 pairs makes my husband laugh.

Regardless of when this new found love for clothes and shoes began, along with my husband's taunting, this is the time of year the summer shoes are put away and my fall/winter shoes are unpacked. It sounds easy enough, but it is so much easier to throw them in a pile and pull the fall shoes out when I need them.

Wednesday RachelAnne's Small Thing, Shoe Boogie, gave me the motivation to clean up that pile and pull out my winter shoes (they may be old but they feel new at the beginning of the season.)

So, after digging the step stool from the coat closet I put away those summer shoes. Well, except the two pairs needing a cleaning, so they remain on the closet floor. Hopefully that doesn't mean I loose my 40 points?

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey Erin, Enjoyed visiting. I haven't been home so I will be checking out my shoes when I get home. Come on over and visit me.

Anonymous said...

Our shoes are still sitting by the back door or set along the inside of the closet. We keep thinking about getting them organized, but haven't taken the step (no pun intended) yet.

Cheryl said...

Hmm - I thought I was replying to you, but it went to another blog. I guess you have more than one - and I can barefly keep up with my one!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great weekend!

mholgate said...

Good for you! I did the same. Then it's supposed to be 75 degrees this weekend! Ironic, isn't it? : )

Rachel Anne said...

Great job! Way to go. I tend to pile up the summer and winter shoes, too, instead of putting the odd season away. But then, in Texas, you never know when you are going to need sandals in January...

Next I will tackle some of my clothes....wish me luck and send for help if I don't come out of my closet within a reasonable amount of time. I might get suicidal in there.

Forgetfulone said...

Great job! I enjoyed visiting your blog. Nice to meet another company girl!

Carol said...

I love your blog. We have a lot in common. I too have backed into my DH car-TWICE!! Nice to see another company girl-especially one who lives in an area so different from our own. Flannel sheets? Not until Christmas around here.