Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Austen Update

If you remember, this Summer was an Austen Read-A-Thon. Apparently, I need more then one summer to read 6 books. Mansfield Park and Northanger Abbey remain on my to-read-list (plus all the spin-offs that started this little reading fest), but at this time I'm taking a break from Austen and moving on to other series.

First is The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency, by Alexander McCall Smith. I started this series last year and have the latest three books to read. If you are looking for an quick, clean and entertaining read these then start here.

After that? Maybe I'll return to Jane Austen, or maybe I'll read some of the other books on my bookshelf, just waiting for my eyes.

Want to excite your kids about reading, and maybe have them accomplish a chore or two? Head over to No Ordinary Moments and download Jolanthe's Fall Reading Chart.

No comments: