Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Serenity Now!

School starts when? Not soon enough.

All I want is a trip to the store without children, and the hitting, and slapping, the crying, whining, the jumping out of the cart, or crawling under the cart, or the hanging onto the cart as it tips on top of them.

I would like some quiet so I can think, and buy the correct item (instead of coming home and realizing I picked up scented instead of unscented and will now have to return it ... with kids ... because the scented will give me a headache.)

We were just making a quick trip to the store. Just a quick trip, to see if the swimming goggles were on clearance yet, they are not, and pick up a few other items. Really, just a quick trip; and, it is always my deluded hope that my children could sit or walk, quietly and compliantly, as we go through the store. We ended the trip with my youngest sitting in the cart, screaming, because she walked in front of the cart, where I couldn't see her, and was knocked over. The older two were doing what they do best, picking on each other and wrestling.

To add to the chaos freshmen from the local university were moving in and the store was full of students and parents.

Last year this time I was in the store with my youngest, only my youngest, while the freshmen were moving in. It was funny seeing the parent's of these college age children look at EM, and then look at their son/daughter with that "you use to be that small and cute, and now you are going to college" look.

Today they were looking in horror as we walked by and thanking their lucky stars that they were so out of this phase of life.

No comments: