Monday, August 4, 2008

Home, Day 1

Laundry, laundry, and more laundry.

For whatever reason I stayed up late Sunday night. My hope for Monday morning was that the kids were still exhausted from camp and would sleep-in for one more morning, the first morning I was sleeping in my own bed. No such luck, at 6:30am I hear talking at the top of the stairs. After sending them back to their rooms several times, they finally asked to watch TV.

So, now for the laundry. To help the process, and hopefully finish it in one day, one morning actually, I packed up the kids, the detergent, and the sorted dirty laundry and headed to the laundromat. The laundromat with a play area (understand my thought process here?) Well, laundromats are a little more expensive and have gone high-tech since the last time I visited one (maybe it has to do with the play area?)

In order to pay for your laundry loads you need to purchase a money card (yes purchase, it cost me $4 just to come in possession of the money card.) A load in a "two load washer" cost $2.39, is that normal? Then came the dryers. They were cheap, which was good since I ran all loads at least two times each, and my clothes still weren't dry, grrr.... I'm looking around and everyone elses' laundry is nice and dry, mine ... not so much. Whatever, ... I'll pack it up and finish it at home. While packing up my damp laundry I looked again at the dryer directions, ... oops. Apparently the dryers have timers, that the user sets, and if the user (um, me) doesn't set said timer they run for 6 minutes. Live and learn.

So, I still found myself folding laundry this afternoon (best laid plans of mice of men) instead of unpacking everything else, putting it away and sweeping out the car (ugh, the car). Who said you need to be completely unpacked and reorganized the first day back from vacation? Ok, it doesn't; but who wants unpacked bags lying around the house for more then a day or two?

No comments: