Friday, May 2, 2008

If You See My Brain Please Tell It to Return Home

This morning I was tearing apart the house looking for three votive candle holders lent to me by a lady at our church. I am organizing our church's ladies tea and was at her house Wednesday to see her supply of plates, tea pots, platters, hats, flower urns, .... we could borrow for the tea. I took some of the votives to show my committee, headed to the church to count plates, cups and saucers (and for the record we have 73 cups, but only 53 saucers), then to a friend's to pick up the steam mop (see my previous post), pick up child #2 from preschool, and then home. Once home I realized how tired and how sick I was, I've been battling a cold and cough for the week and apparently it was winning at this point. I unloaded the car, made lunch, put the munchkins down for quiet time and laid down myself. I forgot about the votives until this morning. I'm tearing apart the house, praying that they would appear, searching the kid's rooms (they are like magpies, picking up shiny things and hiding them in their rooms), and wondering how I will tell this lady that the votive candle holders she used in her daughter's wedding are now lost. When I pick up my son from preschool later that morning he asks me, "Mommy do the candle thingies go to my teacher?" There they were, thank you Lord, in his book bag. Apparently, I placed them in his bag when we unloaded the car that Wednesday. And though I have found them I am still looking for my brain which must have taken the week off, and one silver hoop earring I also lost one day between the car and the house; hmmm maybe I should go digging in the kid's book bag again.

No comments: