Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ugh, it has been a week ... a week of cleaning and baking and then some more cleaning. Most nights I find myself still on my feet around 9:00pm. I know some of you are thinking "HA" but I usually hit the wall around 8pm, that is when I settle down for an evening of playing solitaire and web surfing emailing and planning for whatever event I volunteered to organize.

When it comes to cleaning I've followed the Fly Lady, and for those who need a little help cleaning their house, and can't afford a housekeeper, I won't mind if you stop reading now and head over to the Fly Lady for some great house cleaning tips. Over time I've tweaked her routines to fit mine and my house. This week my zone was the master bedroom, closet and bathroom; and since it is spring the cleaning has been a bit more detailed and has included a lot of organizing and even more throwing out. The rooms look great, and I I can now breath when I walk into our closet, or open the cabinet under the sink. I'm no longer holding my breath, worried about items falling on me. Next week the living room and playroom will get the once over, including windows and closets. Cleaning is not my thing, hence Fly Lady, but over time I've come to terms with it and now see it as a labor of love. I've also found you can accomplish a lot of praying while scrubbing that bath tub or sweeping under the bed. No, cleaning is not my thing and I would much rather watch HGTV all day then scrub the floors, but what has motivated me to accomplish this less then desirable task is knowing that my labor is a way I love my family, and my prayers during these tasks bless us and our house.

No comments: