Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dear Mother Nature ...

Dear Mother Nature,

There is a reason why I live where I live, it is called FOUR seasons. Not only do we, in a typical year, have four seasons, but the weather tends to be a little like Goldilocks; not too cold, not too hot, just right (depending on the season.)

First, our year was ushered in by historic snow storms. OK, I confess, I liked the snow. If we need to fight one weather extreme, I'm all for the snow. However, if you pull that stunt again, I may have to give into Hubby, and not argue that we really don't need a snow blower, seriously, how much snow do we ever receive in one winter. (Between you and me, I would prefer to spend $300 to $400 some place else.)

Spring came, and quickly left, as warm weather arrived, and kept growing warmer.

And warmer, and warmer; till we reached DOWN RIGHT HOT.

90 degrees in June. 100 degrees in August.

I ask you, is this any way to treat us poor, mild weather wimps, in the upper south/northeast?

And now, the calendar says we are officially in fall. Mother Nature, do you remember fall? This is not the fall God had intended it to be.

Where are the frosty mornings and cool days? There are cute sweaters, hanging in my closet, just calling for freedom. Instead, they are being mocked by my shorts, who have seen a bit too much sunshine this year.

Yesterday, we were at the pumpkin patch. It was 80+ degrees out there. Do you know how hard it is to hunt for pumpkins when sweat is dripping down your neck? Those poor kindergartners were melting, in front of our eyes.

Remember, I live in a mild weather region. I like mild. Mild is my middle name, in so many ways, but we can save that for another post.

The weather forecasters are trying to keep us sane. They promise us cooler temperatures, in the near future, in the hopes we don't loose our minds with this warm weather. However, when we reach upon that day, the day of which cooler temperatures were promised, we are faced with another hot day.

:::sigh:::

Until we reach decent fall weather, I will try to get into the spirit of fall with all things pumpkin. Pumpkin spice muffins. Pumpkin spice coffee. Pumpkin spice beer, a perfect ending to that hot day in the pumpkin patch.

Sincerely,

A Lover of Fall

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I'm with you on this one. I like warm weather, but it does not feel like fall. Well today does as it's actually in the 50's *gasp*.