Thursday, December 17, 2009

Yummy, Belly Buttons

These are so easy. Crazy easy. And tasty. The funny thing is I never heard of these until a year of two ago when my Sister-in-Law brought them to Christmas. Of course, as it is with most of sweets we make during the Christmas season, I promptly forgot about them until this year when a friend posted on Facebook that she had made (and was then eating) some belly buttons.


Did I mention that they are easy, and delicious, and very evil? They are small. You start by eating one, and before you know it you have eaten half the container.

The kids and I made them Saturday night, while the pizza was baking. They are so easy, and take next to no time. In fact, the most time consuming part was adding the M&M's to the melted Hershey Kisses, then again we were using mini M&M's making that step a little more complicated.

The recipe is easy enough to let the kids take control of the process, without needing to pop a Xanax before letting them into the kitchen.


The kids laid out the pretzels onto the pan.



Then they unwrapped, without eating every other one ... I'm impressed, the Hershey Kisses and set them onto the pretzels.



We popped them into the oven at 275 degrees for 2 to 3 minutes. After pulling them out of the oven I pushed the mini M&M onto each kiss. (By this time the pizza was done and the kids had deserted me for dinner and Cricket on the Hearth. Which, by the way, a Christmas special I'm still conflicted about letting my children watch. It is cute, but still unsure if it is appropriate for children. Of course, with many things I'm unsure of I let the children watch as I continue my internal debate. My problem is that the program has attempted murder, lying, ... but, maybe I'm being too sensitive and need to snap out of my PC ways. Sorry, I digress.)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These look so yummy! I will have to let my girls make them this weekend.

Merry Christmas!