Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda

It is going on 9pm here in our house (as in many houses along the East coast, don't want anyone to think our house is in it's own time continuum thingy, then again there are days I wonder.)

The kids are in bed, and apparently asleep since no one has come out to say they need one more hug, one more book, one more stuffed toy to fit on their bed already piled high with stuffed animals, Matchbox cars, Legos, dress-up clothes, a fore mentioned books, .... (I do wonder how they find space to sleep. Hubby and I need a king size bed in order for the two of us to sleep. I've said it before, space is the answer to a happy marriage.)

In a 7:30pm energy spurt I made blueberry muffins, which for some reason took an hour to mix up. (time space continuum thingymajig.)

So, now it is close to 9pm and I'm wondering what to do next.

I could finish several blog posts I started a week or two ago.

I could sit with Hubby, who is watching TV. I think he is watching MythBusters, a Wednesday night favorite.

I could go climb in our nice warm, flannel sheet bearing bed and read for an hour.

Or, do my devotions (the ones I was supposed to do this morning) first and then read the other book.

I could complete some scrapbook pages, or work on some Christmas cards (to sell, no I'm not that organized I'm already addressing Christmas cards in October.)

I could go through the pictures from our photo session with our good friends, and pick some for our family Christmas card, and to order. (When ED was 6 months we had family pictures taken, by our friends. We finally ordered pictures from that session when we ordered photos from the session after Emily was born ... 3. Years. Later.)

I could sort the laundry for tomorrow.

I could fold the laundry from last week.

I could write the long overdue thank you cards from the kid's birthday party this past spring, or to the friends we stayed with or invited us to dinner during our week in Philadelphia. (I'm sensing a theme in the last few coulda's.)

Or, now that the muffins are done I could eat one, need to taste test it. I could set up the coffee maker for tomorrow morning. I could also, then, go to bed. Maybe read a little, even finish my book so I can move on to the next one.

I could do all these things, but being that it is now after 9pm, and that I have no energy, I just want to climb in bed.

So I will. After I eat a muffin, and put the other muffins away. Set the coffee maker. Check on the kids. Wake Hubby, who has fallen asleep in front of the TV. Throw all the clothes, sitting on our bed and waiting to be folded, into a basket. Brush my teeth, wash my face, feed the cat, pick up the kid's books lying in front of the book case. Turn off the lights. Climb into bed. Climb back out of bed and check the doors, oh and take my multivitamin. Make sure the cat isn't stuck in any of the kid's rooms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The key to a happy marriage is a king size bed!" Amen, sista! I dream of a king size bed every night as I sleep in our double bed. I've been through 5 pregnancies in that bed! ((SIGH))
I'm with you I would have gone with eating the muffin! And now you have your to do list ready for tomorrow.
Have a good one!
LydiaCate