Saturday, July 18, 2009

A New Addiction

Have you ever been so involved in something, so drawn in, that you forget everything else around you? Everything else like going to bed, feeding your children, or cleaning the house?

This past week I was there. I found a story that is interesting, well written, unbelievably true, and each installment left me on the edge of my seat that I had to read more. And you won't believe this, but it is a romance. (I don't like romances. I love romance, just not romance books.)

Why this one? Not sure. Maybe because it is a true story. Well written. And, with more twists and turns then As the World Turns.

The story can be found over at The Pioneer Woman. Ree (a.k.a. The Pioneer Woman) has dubbed it "Green Acres meets Harlequin Romance" and it is titled "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels." It is the story of how her husband and her meet. Honestly, the story is engrossing and made my hiney tingle (just read the first installment.)

Not only does she tell one awesome romance story, she has a great site and therefore it took me twice as long to read (that and each installment is marked with a roman numeral. There are 40+ installments. Anyone know the roman numeral for 32? All those X's and I's were making my eyes water.) The pictures, posts and recipes between each love story installment kept side-tracking me.

Now that I'm done with that story I'm heading over to her cooking section. Oh, and I'm coveting her kitchen. Sorry Ree. Oh, and she just launched a recipe website, Tasty Kitchen. I'm thinking I'll never need another cookbook again. Ever. First recipe I'm trying, those cinnamon rolls.

Then I'm checking out her photography section. And, then I'll read The Lodge Archives. And, while I read about their lodge renovation I'll be trying to figure out a way to wrangle an invitation to said lodge. (Except they have snakes. I don't do snakes. OK, scrap the invitation. I'm happy living vicariously through her site.)

Anyway. If you run out of beach reads this summer head over to Pioneer Woman for one romance that will be requiring a cold shower (again, her words.)

No comments: