Monday, January 26, 2009

He Did It! Have You?

My Hubby rocks!

This man will do anything for me, even give blood so his wife can enter a blood donation competition hosted by Manic Mommy. (Have I mentioned that I'm slightly competitive.)

And before you ask, "why doesn't she donate?" I can't. There is some mad cow rule that if you visited the United Kingdom, for a certain amount of time, during the 1980's you cannot give blood. My family lived in England during the early 1980's, so I had to throw out my blood donation card.


Anywho, much to Hubby's dismay here is the picture of him giving blood:



And much to his utter horror Manic also posted his picture on her Sunday Bloody Sunday posting.

Apparently Manic's little competition is not sending everyone out in droves to donate blood. I don't know why, she is giving away some TOTALLY AWESOME prizes to those who enter.

So, you know what to do. If you are eligible head on over to your local blood donation center, sit yourself down and give some blood. Have I mentioned they feed you sweets afterwards. Hey, I don't need an excuse to eat a donut, but if you do go give blood. Don't forget to have your picture taken and send it to Manic. You can read all the details here.

2 comments:

secondofwett said...

Thanks for stopping by.....it's a difficult day today because I am missing Tucker but hopefully the days will get better. I can't give blood either....not because of mad cow or anything but because I have the teeniest tiny veins and the blood people just throw up their hands when they see me coming for my annual check up....they would prefer I didn't donate! :0)

Kerri said...

I can't give blood...bummer! Due to MS and places I've lived. Hmm, thinking about it, NONE of my immediate family can. Good thing we're all A- and can give for each other if need be. Hope you have a great day...fix something yummy for your hubbie tonight! he deserves it!