Monday, November 10, 2008

Nope, It Wasn't A Fluke

That one morning, when I heard Christmas music on the radio was not a fluke. In the morning, when I heard the music, I thought (prayed) that is was just the station, and not a mainstream happening. The radio was set on a choral Christian music station because the night before they were playing Adventures in Odyssey, and my kids (and I) love that show.

WRONG!

Apparently, the media, from radio to TV, and some stores (thank you very much Walmart) have decided that since the election is over we must fill what was once campaign talk with Christmas themed shows and music.

And, why not? Halloween is over and I can't think of any predominantly Thanksgiving themed movies and songs.

Why not? Well, I could think of several reasons. The main one being there aren't that many Christmas songs to fill the air waves for 2 months straight. There are many variations of certain songs, and sorry the barking Jingle Bell dogs don't cut it.

So, just when we thought it was safe to tune back into the media without being assaulted with political ads, we are instead assaulted with Christmas songs and TV specials.

Any one have a decent pair of ear muffs I can borrow the next time I'm in Walmart?

No comments: