Monday, September 1, 2008

Huh?

Today I was canning tomato sauce when my husband asked when I would put the jars in the water as it was warming or wait until it was boiling. Of course, to me anyway, the answer was "when the water is boiling", said in my "what a silly question" voice.

Apparently, at least not for my engineer husband, it was not a silly question. He explained that the thought process behind his question had something to do with thermal dynamics, and ........zzzzzz.

Oh, I'm sorry did you say something?

I looked at my husband, rather blankly, he obviously forgot which wife he was talking to. Hello, I'm the liberal arts wife, the one who graduated with a history degree. Remember, I tune out any and all things scientific and mathematics.

I wonder who else has little quirks, like your eyes rolling to the back of your head when certain topics are mentioned or the need ability to talk about abstract topics (abstract being subjective to the listener)?

No comments: