Saturday, May 31, 2008

And There It Sits ...

I like a clean and organized house, but I'm not good at keeping a clean and organized house. To help keep me on task I turn to FlyLady and Home Sanctuary, two websites that believe a little bit here, and a little bit there will keep your house manageable and livable. Home Sanctuary encourages you to find "Sanctuary in the Small Things." Each weekday she posts a small task, something to do around the house, something to do for yourself, or with a friend or family member. She also offers a perk, each completed small thing awards you so many points, and a nifty prize at the end of the month to whoever has the most points. May 13th the task was to clean out our toothpaste holders, and extra points for doing multiple holders (Keep-on-Smiling). I grabbed the kid's holder and threw it in the dishwasher, yeah an extra 10 points for moi! And then the toothpaste holder sat on my kitchen counter, day after day. I would see it, make a mental note to take it up, and then erase the mental note since it has yet to make it up to it's proper home. The more days that passed the more I wondered if I should subtract those 10 points, not sure it counts if it isn't returned. Maybe I should set it in the kid's clean laundry basket, ... yes the basket of clean and folded clothes that has sat next to the stairs for several days.

No comments: